Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60FPS Interpolated Anime
hi guys  [Image: tBdLbyM.gif]

so today i decide to share this, i wanna hear how community interest for 60 fps interpolated anime
more about interpolation you can read it here: SVP | Wikipedia | CV-Foundation | sssh! [Image: LOnetZY.gif]

i've finalize my aviscript setting for double-frame, fixing weird subtitle due different mux time, also make my own x264 encoder setting to make it look smoother. but atm i wont share it yet.

for preview you may check these:

Original: MEGA | Mirrorcreator                  (External/Coalgirls Preset) 
MKV     : MEGA | Dropbox | Mirrorcreator (Custom x264 Encoder, 60fps aviscript)
MP4     : MEGA | Dropbox | Mirrorcreator (Cyber12v2 Encoder, 60fps aviscript)

how is it look? do you interested watch you favourite anime on 60fps? [Image: bbxrDoC.gif]

imho if i need to re-code anime to 60fps i'd stay for MKV one. it's right if the file size is not small as MP4 but at least it's about 50% less than original source and looks way better
[Image: animegrimoire.gif]
Asking technical question about encoding time: how much increase in encoding time?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(17 August 2016, 12:59 PM)Lynx Wrote: Asking technical question about encoding time: how much increase in encoding time?

overall about 4x slower (tested on i3 3.1Ghz)
there is something weird with the animation in 60fps, maybe because it is still "experimental phase"?

with weird i mean some lines in the animation moves faster than others, make it not as smooth as i expected.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(18 August 2016, 05:50 AM)Lynx Wrote: there is something weird with the animation in 60fps, maybe because it is still "experimental phase"?

with weird i mean some lines in the animation moves faster than others, make it not as smooth as i expected.

its looks weird, indeed. the worst part is when you already adapt with 60fps you will found usual anime is unpleasant to watch 
in other way we can't compare the interpolated anime to original 60fps video (so far i havent met any anime producer that use 60fps due high cost)

this is the latest setting (Re zero ep 20, 255MB 720p mkv) https://mega.nz/#!fRsH0Z4R!Y_Ss0PlX-d3Kc...UQyh4l0Ncc
(19 August 2016, 04:52 AM)Legendary Aurora Wrote:
(18 August 2016, 05:50 AM)Lynx Wrote: there is something weird with the animation in 60fps, maybe because it is still "experimental phase"?

its looks weird, indeed. the worst part is when you already adapt with 60fps you will found usual anime is unpleasant to watch 
in other way we can't compare the interpolated anime to original 60fps video (so far i havent met any anime producer that use 60fps due high cost)

this is the latest setting (Re zero ep 20, 255MB 720p mkv) https://mega.nz/#!fRsH0Z4R!Y_Ss0PlX-d3Kc...UQyh4l0Ncc

if i could have a word, it is better to keep the quality as close as the original without adding sugar and salt (not even vinegar) but trying to sequeeze the size with reasonable processing speed.

EDIT:
to put inline with the choices (poll) above, it does interesting to have MKV releases, however, technically it'll put pretty much strain to the encoder as he had to run the video processing twice. yes, twice, one for compressing video bits, and one burn-in for MP4. well, we could compress (this output can be muxed to make MKV) then burn-in but it might give undesirable result for some cases - though i forget and i barely encode nowadays.. i just leech.. :/

to put simply as my wording sound like a shit
1. Source video re-encoded (un-burnt)
2. Keep the recode
3. Mux the recode to make MKV
4. Burn the sub to recoded video
5. Mux the new recode to MP4
but quality loss is within expectation, and don't forget, MKV need fonts to be embedded, MeGUI didn't have feature for that, we had to use something else.. while it might interesting if it had, embedding something large will certainly breaks the 'smaller size is better' rule.
Self-proclaimed knight of loli(s).
i think i managed to speed it up if just using mkv container, my bad i say 4x on earlier post since i think he ask for mp4 time

(21 August 2016, 11:03 AM)RoriconKnight Wrote:
(19 August 2016, 04:52 AM)Legendary Aurora Wrote:

if i could have a word, it is better to keep the quality as close as the original without adding sugar and salt (not even vinegar) but trying to sequeeze the size with reasonable processing speed.

EDIT:
to put inline with the choices (poll) above, it does interesting to have MKV releases, however, technically it'll put pretty much strain to the encoder as he had to run the video processing twice. yes, twice, one for compressing video bits, and one burn-in for MP4. well, we could compress (this output can be muxed to make MKV) then burn-in but it might give undesirable result for some cases - though i forget and i barely encode nowadays.. i just leech.. :/

to put simply as my wording sound like a shit
1. Source video re-encoded (un-burnt)
2. Keep the recode
3. Mux the recode to make MKV
4. Burn the sub to recoded video
5. Mux the new recode to MP4
but quality loss is within expectation, and don't forget, MKV need fonts to be embedded, MeGUI didn't have feature for that, we had to use something else.. while it might interesting if it had, embedding something large will certainly breaks the 'smaller size is better' rule.

mmh.. so far this is what i do

> download the source
> Extract the *.mkv to get *.aac and *.ass
> back put the *.mkv to aviscript (60fps setting). make an *.avs (without adding subtitle on aviscript creator)
> load *.avs to encoder, queue & process with *.mkv output
> mux the *.mkv-output with *.aac and *.ass on early extract

it's done, roughly 1hr and 40min on low cpu setting (i believe it still can be a bit faster)
can't add subtitle directly on aviscript, otherwise the megui will crash (maybe because it's a mkv? [Image: u2oAS41.gif])

for optional, maybe can put the *.aac to audio coder, and process it with Nero AAC: Cyber12 before muxing along with the subtitle (yes it does cut the size)

while i want to make an mp4 output, i can't do the re-code in one step. i test it several time if i force the first step earlier to MP4 format, the megui will crash (it said x264 module which crash tho)
so it will look like this;

> put the *.mkv-mux to Cyber12v2 aviscript creator. load the subtitle here
> load *.avs (Cyber12 avi + 60fps'ed mkv) to Cyber12v2 encoder
> load *.aac to audio section -> auto encode

once i forgot to put subtitle on MP4 aviscript, and i decide to mux the subtitle in last step.
since MP4 asking *.srt as subtitle, so i convert the original *.ass somewhere. as result the late muxed subtitle looks like an ants while video is playing [Image: QwFjsQX.gif]

i will keep trying for tommorow with smaller anime time (like wakaba girl or any OP/ED)

and for smaller size, uh, well, the usual 24min anime with 25fps is contain 36,000 frames while the interpolated will have 36,000*2
file size vs quality, i have twisted feeling for this [Image: LOnetZY.gif]
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<GenericProfileOfAviSynthSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 <Name>Interpolation</Name>
 <Settings>
   <Mod16Method>none</Mod16Method>
   <ModValue>mod16</ModValue>
   <Resize>false</Resize>
   <Upsize>false</Upsize>
   <Template>Cores=4
SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(3,Cores)
PluginPath = "C:\%PATH%\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\" #https://mega.nz/#F!KZEHRJib!qeMC0-3mkNVwpugnvJu6eQ
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow1.dll")
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow2.dll")
Import(PluginPath+"InterFrame2.avsi")
&lt;input&gt;.ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
&lt;deinterlace&gt;
&lt;crop&gt;
&lt;denoise&gt;
&lt;resize&gt;
InterFrame(Cores=Cores)
</Template>
   <ResizeMethod>Spline32</ResizeMethod>
   <DenoiseMethod>MinimalNoise</DenoiseMethod>
   <Deinterlace>false</Deinterlace>
   <Denoise>false</Denoise>
   <IVTC>false</IVTC>
   <MPEG2Deblock>false</MPEG2Deblock>
   <ColourCorrect>true</ColourCorrect>
   <DSS2>false</DSS2>
   <AcceptableAspectError>1</AcceptableAspectError>
 </Settings>
</GenericProfileOfAviSynthSettings>

line 11, SetMTMode(3,Cores) it cause error on device that not enough core to handle it. (on AMD processor need to down it to 1 or 2 cores). so far deleting that line is not affecting re-code performance [citation needed]
[Image: omae-wa.png]
(05 September 2016, 08:05 AM)Internet Explorer Wrote:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<GenericProfileOfAviSynthSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 <Name>Interpolation</Name>
 <Settings>
   <Mod16Method>none</Mod16Method>
   <ModValue>mod16</ModValue>
   <Resize>false</Resize>
   <Upsize>false</Upsize>
   <Template>Cores=4
SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(3,Cores)
PluginPath = "C:\%PATH%\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\" #https://mega.nz/#F!KZEHRJib!qeMC0-3mkNVwpugnvJu6eQ
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow1.dll")
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow2.dll")
Import(PluginPath+"InterFrame2.avsi")
&lt;input&gt;.ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
&lt;deinterlace&gt;
&lt;crop&gt;
&lt;denoise&gt;
&lt;resize&gt;
InterFrame(Cores=Cores)
</Template>
   <ResizeMethod>Spline32</ResizeMethod>
   <DenoiseMethod>MinimalNoise</DenoiseMethod>
   <Deinterlace>false</Deinterlace>
   <Denoise>false</Denoise>
   <IVTC>false</IVTC>
   <MPEG2Deblock>false</MPEG2Deblock>
   <ColourCorrect>true</ColourCorrect>
   <DSS2>false</DSS2>
   <AcceptableAspectError>1</AcceptableAspectError>
 </Settings>
</GenericProfileOfAviSynthSettings>

line 11, SetMTMode(3,Cores) it cause error on device that not enough core to handle it. (on AMD processor need to down it to 1 or 2 cores). so far deleting that line is not affecting re-code performance [citation needed]

check'ed, and i have no idea what to do. probably removing that line on certain processor would be the best Smile

Shinsekai Yori - 16 (To Saki, My Love) there after i rearrange the encoder, its mp4. also tried cutting the video directly in megui (and found out in megui only option to cut avi script)

here is the clt files
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Cuts xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 <Framerate>59.940059940059939</Framerate>
 <Style>NO_TRANSITION</Style>
 <AllCuts>
   <CutSection>
     <startFrame>9316</startFrame>
     <endFrame>33858</endFrame>
   </CutSection>
 </AllCuts>
</Cuts>

any input appreciated

joke aside, the process took 0.52 FPS

[Image: 5oDpcSE.png]

actually i just hibernate my laptop while megui in process and it seems affected the fps recoded counter Big Smile
(06 September 2016, 04:02 AM)Legendary Aurora Wrote: Shinsekai Yori - 16 (To Saki, My Love) there after i rearrange the encoder, its mp4. also tried cutting the video directly in megui (and found out in megui only option to cut avi script)

i'd say this is exactly same like the source with my current screen sharpness even after frame doubling
dem feels tho  Sweat

i'll be waiting for the new encoder setting
[Image: omae-wa.png]